I am looking for people that want to contribute to The West Wind.
I want to have a few people from each area contributing a post a month. I will be looking for posts about anything related to Sea Scouts. The articles can be about anything from recruiting ideas to upcoming events to cool opportunities outside of Sea Scouts.
If you are interested in contributing please send me an email. Even if you just want to contribute once and never again, send me an email.
I am looking for articles about Sea Scouts, or things of interest to Sea Scouts. No less than 150 words, preferably with 1 picture for every 200 words.
Here are some suggested categories, but this is by no means the limit, if you have something to write about that you can relate to Sea Scouts send it in.
- Advancement ideas/tips
- Training tips/cool ideas/fun tricks
- Interesting/exciting events
- Fundraising ideas
- Recruiting ideas – this is an important one
- Opportunities for Sea Scouts outside of Sea Scouts (e.g. Maritime Academies, scholarships, maritime careers)
- Anything else that Sea Scouts might be interested in, perhaps maritime news. I will be posting about the Americas cup as it gets closer. If some new boat breaks a speed record, or someone crosses the pacific in a row boat, or just some other interesting maritime thing happens I would like to see it posted on the blog.
If you have something you would like to see written about either send me an email or fill out the form below.
Western Region Boatswain